This simple warm salad of sauteed cabbage with sausage reminds me of a European home cooking. It is prepared in less than 30 minutes, so it is ideal for a quick dinner or lunch!
Description of preparation:
Share the recipe how to cook salad with cabbage and sausage in the European manner. The taste of the sausage is balanced by the acid of the red wine vinegar and grainy mustard, mixed with crispy vegetables. And flavor compositions complement the caraway seeds. Try it, you’ll like it!
- Sausage — 340 Grams
- Wine vinegar — 1 tbsp. spoon
- Mustard — 1 Tbsp. spoon
- Water — 60ml
- Salt — 1/4 teaspoons
- Pepper — 1/4 teaspoons
- Avocado oil — 15 Grams
- Onion — 30 Grams
- Bell pepper 60 Grams
- Cabbage — 300 Grams
- Garlic — 1 Clove
- Thyme — 1/2 teaspoons
- Green onions — 1-2 Pieces
Number of servings: 2
How to cook “Cabbage salad with sausage”
1. Heat a pan on medium heat. Cut the sausage slices and saute on each side for 2 minutes. Spoon sausage onto a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm.
2. Then in a bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and water.
3. In the pan in which we fried the sausage, add the avocado oil. Put the onion and red pepper, simmer on low heat. Lightly season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Then add the pepper, half the cabbage and garlic and stir. Cook for about a minute. Add to the pan the mixture of vinegar and mustard, the remaining cabbage and cook for another 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove vegetables from heat.
5. Put the cabbage on a plate, sprinkle with cumin and green onions, put on top of the sausage and serve. Salad can be stored in the refrigerator, but before serving, heat it in the microwave.
6. Bon appetit!