For local cuisine, the potato is not something special. We eat in different forms. But in Austria it’s used to make salad! If your Pets are very fond of potatoes, try this recipe.
Description of preparation:
I would never have thought that I like potato salad. It would seem, what could be a salad almost one potatoes. But believe me, I was very surprised after tasting this dish. Vinegar, chicken broth and mustard make potatoes delicious. This salad is now one of the favorites in our family. Now share with you how to make Austrian potato salad. Indulge yourself with great pleasure!
- Potatoes — 1 Kg
- White vinegar — 3 Tbsp. spoon
- Olive oil 60 Milliliters
- Dijon mustard — 1 tbsp. spoon
- Red onion — 1 Piece
- Onion — 2 tbsp. spoon
- Chicken broth — 120 Ml
- Sugar — 2 teaspoons
- Salt — to taste
- Black and white pepper — to taste
How to cook “Austrian potato salad”
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins. Let it cool down, peel and cut into medium-sized pieces.
2. Pour over top the potatoes with the vinegar, add the olive oil, mustard, chopped onion, sugar and chicken broth.
3. Mix gently with a wooden spatula all the ingredients and let the salad to infuse for at least 30 minutes, then mix again. This salad should not be dry, so additionally you can refill it in the broth.
4. Served with Austrian potato salad cold.